Making noodles out of veges are a super popular method of mine at the moment, and a great way to get your vegetables in that’s also super delicious. If you wanted to ditch the carbs all together for a low calorie option, lose the pasta and stick to the zoodles!
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 Large ripe Avocado
3 garlic cloves
50g Basil pesto
Handful of fresh basil leaves
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
Whole grain pasta (optional)
- Boil the pasta while you prepare everything else.
- if you have a spiralizer use that to make the noodles. Or if you are poor like me, and don’t have fancy, fun cooking equipment just use a peeler to make them.
- Heat a frying pan with an Tbsp of olive oil and cook the zucchini.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, add basil leaves and basil pesto.
- Mince the garlic and cook on a small frying pan. Then add to the avocado along with the lemon juice and mix till combined and smooth.
- Add zoodles into the avocado mix, then place onto your bowl of spaghetti, and serve!